Blackhead extractors, also known as comedone extractors, are commonly used by dermatologists to remove the blackheads that are found underneath the skin. A blackhead is a plug that forms on the pores and is a mix of dirt, dust, pollution and your skin’s natural lubricant, sebum. Not caring enough for your skin could lead to the pores on your skin getting blocked. Therefore, it is extremely important to not neglect your skin’s basic hygiene.
Blackhead extractors are easy to use and cause minimal damage on sensitive skin. To top it all, blackhead remover tools are also way more economical and can be used repeatedly unlike pore strips that are meant only for ‘one-time’ use. It hence, comes as no surprise, that the blackhead extractor is the most preferred home-based solution to remove blackheads.
Find out how you can use the blackhead extractor tool in 5 simple steps!
- You need to make sure that your hands are properly sanitized. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and disinfect the blackhead remover tool by submerging into hot water with disinfectant.
- Next, cleanse your face with lukewarm water and hold a warm cloth to your face for a few seconds to open up the pores. Otherwise, wait until you have stepped out of the shower. This will be the best time to remove blackheads.
- Place the loop on the tool over the blackhead, move the tool over the affected area and gently press down on one side of the blackhead, easing the plug out. You should be able to feel a tiny pinch on your skin as the plug is forced out.
- Once you have removed the blackheads on your face, wash your face again with warm water. Gently dab your face with a clean towel and then proceed to apply toner and moisturizer. This will immediately lock your pores and ensure that your skin stays supple.
- Never leave the tool out for the next use. ALWAYS disinfect the tool in soap water and/or disinfectant and leave it out to dry.
Once you get a hang of using the blackhead extractor, you will begin to wonder as to how you managed without one all this time! Get a blackhead extractor and get started!