We all know that Banana is a good source of potassium and can help in reducing blood pressure. Its high fiber content aids in digestion, regulates metabolism and body weight. Banana is also considered good for the heart and is recommended for lowering the risk of cardio-vascular diseases (CVD) and coronary heart diseases (CHD). Banana is considered a nutrition heavyweight -it has essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin and B6. These are all necessary for proper functioning of the body and general health. Since, we have spelt out so many benefits of banana it shouldn’t come as a surprise if we told you that banana peels are also beneficial. Yes, banana peels are beneficial in helping reduce pimples.
These are the steps involved in using banana peels to reduce pimples:
- Before using a banana peel, ensure that the skin is free from dirt and oils. The use of a mild cleanser will clean the affected area and then rinse with cool water. Dry the skin with a soft towel.
- Select a ripe banana with a few black spots on the peel. Don’t use bananas that are under-ripe (bright yellow with green tips) or over-ripe (greasy and black).
- Remove the peel and cut it into sizes which can be easily held in the hand. Since banana contains nutrients, it can calm inflamed skin and reduce acne outbreaks.
- Use the interior part of the peel, which appears white and gently rub it into your skin for 10 minutes. Continue to do so until the white part turns black and discard it.
- Avoid washing the face immediately after massaging. Leave it to dry for as long as possible and rinse with cool water. This will allow the banana nutrients to get absorbed into the skin.
- Continue with this treatment once during the day. Follow this up for several days and you will notice acne beginning to disappear or at least reduce in intensity. If you see the skin more irritated then stop using it and give the skin a chance to rest.
This is one of the pimple remedies that will help prevent pimples, but for cases where a pimple breakout has occurred, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist and take the medicines prescribed.