About 80% of people suffer from people at least once in their lifetime. The main culprit behind acne is excess oil production that clogs pores. The clogged pores trap impurities and encourage the bacterial growth causing inflammation. Excess oil production can be triggered by hormonal changes, stress, improper diet and hygiene. The right way to control acne in the long-term is to maintain proper hygiene and diet. But presently, we are going to focus on pimple treatment with honey in this article.
The advantages of using honey in treating acne:
- Honey removes excess oil and leaves skin smooth and moisturized
- Honey contains anti-inflammatory properties which reduces the swelling and redness associated with acne.
- Honey is rich in anti-oxidants which prevents the damage caused by free radicals
- It sticky consistency is able to pull out dirt and grime from the pores.
- Antibacterial properties of honey effectively reduces breakouts and prevent acne formation.
How to Use Honey for Acne
Honey can be used in different ways like as a scrub, mask or internal consumption. To increase the effectiveness of honey, you need to wash the part of the face with warm water and face wash. This opens up the pores and makes it easy for honey to cleanse deeply. It is necessary to use a face wash which contain acne fighting ingredients for added benefits.
Procedures to use Honey
- Use a cotton ball to apply raw honey to affected area.
- Leave it there for 30 minutes and wash with warm water followed by cold water.
- Repeat the process regularly for best results.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and teaspoons of lemon juice into a glass of warm water.
- Drink it. The combination helps detoxify the body and boost your metabolism.
These are some of the pimple remedies that will help treat pimples, but for cases where a pimple breakout has occurred, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist and take the medicines prescribed.