By the end of this post, you will definitely want to put a pot of water to boil and get down to sipping the next big breakthrough remedy for acne. Yes, you’ll be surprised to know that green tea, a humble kitchen ingredient, is in fact an extremely potent remedy to help you fight acne and a host of other skin-related disorders. It is also no secret that green tea has innumerable health benefits; fighting acne is just one of them.
So, How Does It Combat Acne?
- Green tea is rich in polyphenols, an antioxidant property that can help free the skin of radicals and can also bring your blood sugar levels back to normal. Apart from a low-carbohydrate diet, incorporating a cup of green tea into your diet can help with keeping your glycemic index low.
- A cup of green tea a day can give you the body’s required amount of antioxidants from just one source. Whether you choose to apply green tea on your skin externally or drink it, the polyphenols can help cleanse the body from the inside-out.
- A great remedy for skin inflammation, green tea helps reduce redness and the resultant scarring.
- There are certain hormones in the body that can wreak havoc on your skin if not controlled. The properties of green tea have certain molecules that can ‘balance’ these hormones out, thereby preventing them from becoming ‘bioactive’ and causing repeated breakouts.
- The pathogens that club together to form acne can only be destroyed by certain properties. Green tea has copious anti-bacterial properties and can reduce skin damage by killing the harmful microorganisms that affect the skin.
If you are looking for a silver bullet solution, you may never find one for acne. Everything works in combination. Ergo, if you have been prescribed medications for acne, continue to take them, but also incorporate a cup of fresh, green tea into your diet to expedite the process. Remember, practice moderation with green tea. Anything in excess could prove to be harmful.