The appearance of pimples on your skin is inevitable. But you can definitely prevent the tiny spots from evolving into huge, monstrous swollen bumps. You can reduce the redness and swelling of a pimple by treating the underlying causes of inflammation. This can also bring down the probability of the pimple developing into an acne car. Here are a few ways that can help you in keeping the swelling under check:
- Grab an ice cube from the freezer. Placing the ice cube over the pimple helps in contracting the blood vessels that lie beneath the skin. It is advisable to wrap the ice in a protective towel while doing this, in case you are sensitive to cold. The cooling effect reduces the redness and swelling of the pimple
- Neem is an antibacterial herb that has magical healing properties. It helps in killing the bacteria that has clogged the pores of your skin as well as minimize the associated redness.
- Place sliced cucumber, lemon or tomato on the affected area. These are natural ingredients that can dramatically decrease the size and intensity of the pimple and fight bacteria.
- Egg white can do wonders to your skin. It is rich in proteins and amino acids and acts as a drying agent for the pimples. It exfoliates the dead cells of your skin and diminishes the inflammation. Apply the egg white on the pimple and wash it off after 10-15 minutes. Make sure that the yolk of the egg is removed while applying.
- Coconut oil is a powerful, natural remedy to treat pimple swelling. It is rich in Vitamin-E and is highly penetrating. It is absorbed quickly by the skin leading to immediate reduction in the redness and bulging of the pimple.